Students can nominate their alumni legacy parent by writing an essay (300 words or less) which highlights:
- Opportunities that the parent(s) have provided for their student
- How the parent(s) served as role model for their student
- Characteristics that make the parent(s) special
The selection committee will also consider the following for the parent(s):
We will begin taking nominations for the 2014 Pirate Alumni Legacy Parent of the Year Award in late spring / early summer of 2014.
- Contributions to community organizations
- Contributions in their respective profession
||The Legacy Parent of the Year Award is sponsored by Forever Pirates. Be a Pirate for life!
Forever Pirates are student life members of the Alumni Association who receive unique benefits from networking with alumni to connecting with other ECU students to member only benefits and prizes just for being a member. Click here to learn more and join!
Recipients are announced each year at the Pirate Alumni Legacy Brunch during Parents Weekend.
Ted Hollingsworth '79