Thank you for your interest in volunteering to recruit future students to East Carolina. The FAQ below will give you an idea of the commitment needed to volunteer. If you are interested, please contact:
John Carrere '08
email@example.com or 252-328-6640
What is Pirate Alumni Admissions Connection?
A network of volunteers who work to help East Carolina University achieve its challenging recruitment goals and who help students from their area make good higher education choices.
Next to students, alumni and friends are East Carolina’s greatest asset.
Why should I become a volunteer for the Pirate Alumni Admissions Connection?
What would I do as an alumni volunteer?
- Provides you with an opportunity to “give back” something valuable to the University.
- Allows you to improve a young person’s life in helping them to make good college choices.
- Provides an opportunity to stay in close contact with East Carolina University even after graduating.
Where do I volunteer?
- Speak with prospective students and families and distribute literature on East Carolina University at local college fair programs.
- Attend receptions for prospective and admitted students and families.
You will be representing East Carolina University in the cities and areas where you currently reside.
When would I be volunteering?
Alumni representatives are needed to work both fall and spring college fairs. College fairs are normally two hours and depending on the area, there may be one or two a year.
Additionally, there will be training sessions available to help you learn more about the admissions process and keep you up-to-date with new things going on at East Carolina University.
How much time is involved?
Five to ten hours a year.
How can I become part of the Pirate Alumni Admissions Connection?
The first step is to complete this response form
. After completing the form, return to the address listed. You will be sent a confirmation letter and later contacted with further details about training and volunteer opportunities in your area.
Download the Pirate Alumni Admissions Connection training manual